Since its a holiday weekend and everyone is dusting off the grill I thought I would share with you one of my summer time grill favorites!
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill for medium heat.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
If you like mint and you like Mojito’s try this!
1 cup cubed seeded watermelon
1 cup seedless grapes
1 cup cubed cantaloupe
1 cup hulled and quartered strawberries
1 cup peeled and quartered kiwi
1 cup fresh blueberries
3 sprigs fresh mint
2 teaspoons white sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Mix the watermelon, grapes, cantaloupe, strawberries, and kiwi in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid; top with the blueberries.
2. Stir the mint, sugar, and lime juice together in a bowl, crushing the mint with the back of a spoon while mixing to extract flavors; pour over the fruit mixture. Seal the bowl with lid and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Just before serving, gently flip the sealed bowl several times to coat the fruit with the dressing.
Hi All!…Thanks for all the emails and messages asking about me and why I haven’t been writting. I needed some time off to try and get my health a little more stable. Thats kind of funny, my health and the word stable in the same sentence!….It’s like having Charlie Sheens name and role model in the same sentence,lol. Well I’m going to start writting again.